A new model built on the Ford Transit 350 Cutaway Chassis
Leisure Travel Vans, the very popular Canadian Class C compact motorhome built by Triple E Recreational Vehicles, of Winkler, Manitoba, a Canadian RV manufacturer with a proven track record of 55 years of excellence in the RV industry. LTV has unveiled a brand-new Wonder 2021 model, built on the 2020 Ford Transit 350 Cutaway chassis, powered by a twin-turbocharged 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 that puts out an impressive 306 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque, with an increased GVWR of 11,000 lbs. The engine features direct injection, auto start-stop technology, and is paired to a10-speed automatic transmission.
The 2021 Wonder will be the first Leisure Travel Van to be offered with optional Intelligent All-Wheel Drive and advanced driver-assist technology. Other chassis features include electric power-assisted steering (EPAS), four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes, and a 25 U.S. Gallon fuel tank.
Ryan Elias, General Manager of Leisure Travel Vans, described the excitement that the new model is creating among the industry and the user groups: “We think that these new options, amongst other new features, will open doors to a new demographic, which we’re really excited about. With all the new advanced technology, powerful EcoBoost engine, and of course all-wheel-drive, we are really impressed with the new Transit.”
Wonder models built on the new Ford Transit chassis will start arriving at LTV dealerships in the spring of 2020.
Elegant Exterior Style
The LTV Wonder will feature the new Ford Transit chassis updated grille, with LED headlamps and a redesigned front fascia. The new HID headlamp unit emits bright, natural light and features an LED signature surround, giving the Transit a unique look, day or night. Auto high-beam headlamps, front fog lamps, and automatic rain-sensing windshield wipers add to the many safety and convenience features for the driver.
Opulent Interior Features
The 2021 Wonder enjoys the refreshed Transit interior and dashboard, with upscale materials and upgraded electronics, including a larger 8” touch screen for the highly acclaimed SYNC® 3 navigation system. Comfort and accessibility are enhanced with the inclusion of standard driver-side and passenger-side swivel seats, available on selected Wonder floorplans.
Ford Co-Pilot360™ Technology
Safety is a major feature of the new Transit chassis, thanks to the Ford Co-Pilot360™ technology.
Some of the new safety features include:
- Forward Collision Warning* – This can alert you if it senses a potential collision with a vehicle in front of you. A display flashes on the windshield and provides an audible warning. If you don’t react in time, the brakes will pre-charge and increase brakeassist sensitivity to provide full responsiveness when you do brake.
- Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)* – This standard feature can help reduce the severity of, and possibly eliminate, a collision with a vehicle directly in front of you. The system can detect a potential collision and provide audio and visual warnings. Automatic emergency braking can even apply the brakes if necessary.
- Post-Collision Braking* – This standard driver-assist feature can potentially lessen the severity of a secondary collision by automatically applying moderate brake pressure when an initial collision event is detected.
- Lane-Keeping System* – The standard Lane-Keeping System can help you stay in your lane, even during a moment of distraction. This smart feature scans your vehicle’s position between the lines in the road ahead and can alert you if you’re starting to edge out of your lane. Having trouble staying on track? After you’ve drifted a few times, you’ll see a coffee cup icon, letting you know it’s time to take a break.
- Auto High-Beam Headlamps* – You might not think of manually turning your high beams on or off every time you need to. That’s why the driver-activated Auto High-Beam Headlamps is so helpful — it can do that for you, automatically. When you’re on a dark road with no traffic, the high beams come on. But when a vehicle is approaching with headlamps on or traveling ahead with taillamps visible, the system will dim to low beams to reduce glare.
Other notable safety and security features include an anti-theft system with engine immobilizer, a post-crash alert system, tire pressure monitoring system, and side wind stabilization.
About the Wonder
The 2021 Wonder Class C motorhomes by Leisure Travel Van are available in three unique floorplans: the very popular Murphy Bed version; the Rear Twin Bed model; and the innovative Front Twin Bed layout.
All of the Leisure Travel Van models are famous for contemporary design and outstanding use of space, creating a benchmark for compact luxury motorhomes.
For more information on the new LTV Wonder please visit:
*Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle. Please see Ford’s website for additional information. https://www.ford.com/commercialtrucks/transit-chassis/